People frequently ask what our rental procedures are. A quick summary:
1) after you've decided which place you want to rent (usually after you have made an appointment and seen the unit), fill out reference forms for each person and return the forms ASAP to Alpha.
In person to
500 N Oakland
(Old National Guard Armory)
Carbondale, IL 62901
P.O. Box 1417
Carbondale, IL 62903
Fax References to Alpha's Office
(great if you're not in town or not able to come to the office during regular business hours)
E-mail For Questions Only
Don't e-mail Reference forms
Our e-mail does not use secure servers.
For married couples, both people must fill out a reference form for each person, even if only one is employed outside the home.
If you want to get onto Alpha's waiting list, get us your reference form by one of the methods mentioned above and we'll call you when we know we have an opening at the places that you have indicated. And no, we don't charge anything to put you on the waiting list or to process your rental application if you decide to rent from us.
2) after we have checked your references, we'll set up an appointment with you for you to sign your lease. We want to give people sample leases to read before they actually sign their leases, so if you fax your references, be sure to give me a fax number so that we can send a sample lease to you. We can also email you a sample lease.
3) sign a 1 year lease at which time your security deposit is due. (Security deposit is equal to one month's rent.)You may pay the deposit by cash (must be brought to office) personal check, money order,or by AMEX, Discover, Visa or Mastercard. (credit card or check card both work with our system)
4) pay your last month's rent by the due date stated in your lease.
5) pick up your keys after noon on the beginning date of your lease and then move into your new home.